Thursday, April 17, 2014

DIY -- Hello Kitty Scrub Top -- OOTD

DIY - Hello Kitty Scrub Top
What I Wore Today

 Fabric from Joann Fabrics I'm not sure if you can buy this particular print online, but I did see it in a few of their retail stores. 

I used Wrights Extra Wide Double Fold Bias Tape accent the pockets and around the top.

 If you haven't read my About Me page yet, I state that I work full-time in the medical field.  I don't have to wear scrubs all the time, but when I want to be comfortable it's my go to option!!  I was tired of seeing the same scrub tops I was wearing that day on other co-workers in the hospital and smiling at each other because we didn't know what else to say.

I felt like I was in People Magazine on the "Who Wore It Better" page.

So I decided to start making my own tops!!  This is the 2nd scrub top that I have ever made.  The first one I made ended up being a complete bust (My Failure) and I never took a pic of it.  I definitely learned for my mistakes (My Triumph) and came out with what I call a work of art! LOL


I made this pattern from an old scrub top that I didn't want anymore, but loved the way it fit on me.  I traced the outline of the scrub top (onto brown craft paper or you can use package paper) and I added the standard 5/8" seam allowance.


My daughter helped me out by taking these pictures of me before work today.  She loves helping me and being involved in my little projects.



There may be a few more tops to come b/c I'm still just learning this is my Triumph!!
Until Next Time 

Stephanie


AddThis

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *