Skip to main content

DIY--New Look 6122--View C

DIY -Halter Maxi Dress - New Look 6122
View C



I haven't posted in awhile!! I have been sooo busy lately with trying to work at my first job and run my home business.  I wanted to share this summer dress that I made for myself and for a Boutique Store.

I'm using my iPhone to do this post so hopefully it comes out as nice as if I was to do this on my computer at home.

I will admit...New Look patterns and I are not really good friends. I normally have a little trouble with them compared to other patterns. I don't know why that is, it just is. I decided to give this a try anyway!

I bought this fabric when I attended the Sewing and Quilting Expo in Massachusetts this past April 2015. I look forward to that trip every year!! It was purchased from the Vogue Fabrics vendor. I purchased 8 yards of this beautiful stretch fabric at $4.99 a yard! I knew I was going to be making more than one.

I did not take as many pictures during the sewing process as I normally do. This pattern was pretty straight forward.


I think once the bodice was complete everything else was a piece of cake. There is some light weight interfacing at the bottom of the bodice to give it some stability to hold on to the long skirt that will be added.  Do you see that little pink sticker on my right which is your left?? I find this easier for me when it comes to marking the right side of fabric when it becomes too involved with steps. It works for me...it may work for you.

This is the picture I took when I first completed it. It's very light weight and feels great against the body. I love how it ties around the neck and around the waist!


This is a picture of one of the customers that bought my dress from a Boutique store that I have partnered up with. The store is Signature for Women. This is the first dress I have made for the store.

This is me today rocking the dress. I have worn it a few times. When I wear it to work at the hospital, patients and co-workers give endless compliments! It has quickly become one of my favorites!

Until Next Time

Stephanie




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY -- Hello Kitty Scrub Top -- OOTD

DIY - Hello Kitty Scrub Top What I Wore Today  Fabric from Joann Fabrics  I'm not sure if you can buy this particular print online, but I did see it in a few of their retail stores.  I used Wrights Extra Wide Double Fold Bias Tape accent the pockets and around the top.  If you haven't read my About Me page yet, I state that I work full-time in the medical field.  I don't have to wear scrubs all the time, but when I want to be comfortable it's my go to option!!  I was tired of seeing the same scrub tops I was wearing that day on other co-workers in the hospital and smiling at each other because we didn't know what else to say. I felt like I was in People Magazine on the "Who Wore It Better" page. So I decided to start making my own tops!!  This is the 2nd scrub top that I have ever made.  The first one I made ended up being a complete bust (My Failure) and I never took a pic of it.  I definitely learned for my mistakes (My Triumph) and

Scrub - A - Dub Sunday!! DIY - Scrub Tops

DIY - Scrub Sunday!! I buckled down and add four more scrub tops to my work wardrobe.  I did this really for two reasons. 1) I like how easy and fast it is for me at this moment, very calming and non-stressful sewing! 2) I enjoy the compliments I get from my co-worker for having original scrub tops! If you have not read my Fabric Haul 2 post, please check it out.  There you will find a description of all the fabric I used for these scrub tops.   Fabric Haul 2 My son decided that he wanted to draw all over my pocket template. To learn more about the Ideal Seam Guide that I use while sewing, check out my   Tool I Can't Live Without Post It seemed easier for me to just cut all the fabric out and just sew everything at once. The only thing that was time consuming on these scrubs was changing the thread to match the color of the bias tape being used. The finished products!! So happy!! Can't wait to wear

DIY -- Teal and Gray Circle Scrub Top -- OOTD

DIY - Teal and Gray Circle Scrub Top What I Wore Today  This fabric was purchased at my local Joann Fabrics . It is part of there Easy Care and Wash Collection its called Circle and Lines . It is 40% Polyester and 60% Cotton. I used Wrights Extra Wide Double Fold Bias Tape  and matching thread.  So I will be honest.....since I started sewing I have been OBSESSED with making scrub tops for myself. The reason being its 50% easy to make, and 50% fun to pick out what materials and designs that you like. I buy 2 yards of fabric for everything I do. Because if I mess up I have more. I want the scraps for another project down the road. I'm thinking maybe I should make my own scrub line.  Happy Good Friday!! Until Next Time  ✌ Stephanie